Friday, March 19, 2010

Passion of The Rage

Since my days this past week have incidentally become free due to March Break, I decided to take the opportunity and go on a search for Toronto's local artists. I really wanted to meet them and speak to them in person, and was hoping they would be interested in showcasing their talents and works at Heart & Soul.

As I wandered through Kensington Market, I came across Sarah, the founder of The Rage. Her store sells items handcrafted, designed, and produced by local student artists, or designers who are self-taught (amazing, yes?).



While telling her about Heart & Soul, Sarah was beautifully kind and immediately offered an item from the store to help out with the event. Not only that, but she also handed me 3 CDs, which were compilations of songs from local bands! Pretty fabulous, if you asked me. I was hoping to play music from my iPod between performances that night, and now I can play music from local bands too! This totally makes our event 100% local!

I, of course, took the liberty to check out the rest of the items around The Rage, and the items were so creative and had such character. To check out individual designers, click here, and click here to browse through their online store. It`s full of fantabulous goodies, all of which are unique, thoughtful, and even hilarious. Enjoy, and hope you`re able to pick out something that suits you =)

Thank you so much for your help, Sarah. We at Heart & Soul appreciate your generosity from the bottom of our hearts.

.
.
p.s: The Rage is celebrating their 5-year anniversary (HOORAY!!), date set tentatively on May 29th (if I remember correctly!). I hope you'll head down to 2 Kensington Avenue, Toronto, Ontario and join in on the fun!

.
.
.
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment